During showers, many Chardon, Ohio homeowners realize the basement of their home is not waterproofed. If after a heavy or mild storm you notice puddles on the basement floor, you need basement waterproofing as soon as possible. Water on the basement floor or wet or damp basement walls means the seal around the foundation is no longer working. Perhaps it has deteriorated to the point where a basement waterproofing job is necessary.
What are some of the options you have to prevent water from damaging your Chardon, Ohio home? Here are 4 tips for you:
- You need to call a professional basement waterproofing company to do an assessment of the basement. Contact Pioneer Basement Solutions for a free consultation.
- Call at least three basement waterproofing companies for an assessment and quote.
- You need to compare the quotes, and you need to compare the services and materials they will provide. In other words, you need to compare apples to apples before signing any contract.
- Do not procrastinate. Water damage in any part of the home can be expensive. Leaving water damage to become worse can cost you more in the long run.
Many Chardon, Ohio homeowners do not have the cash available to them for a basement waterproofing job right when they need it. That’s why it is important to hire a basement waterproofing company that will provide the financing available to you. Many basement waterproofing companies partner with trustworthy lending companies because they want to be able to offer to finance and get the work. It is important for your finances to compare rates with your bank after you have the financing through a lending company. Many banks offer great rates to homeowners with good credit, and home equity loans have lower interest rates than those of a lending company. Regardless of whom you choose, always compare the rates, monthly payments, and terms of the loan.
What NOT to Do If You Have Water Damage In The Basement of Your Chardon, Ohio Home?
- Do not wait-The longer the wait the more expensive the work can become
- Do not sign the first contract from the first company you interviewed
- Do not try to do the job yourself-Basement waterproofing might seem simple to many homeowners, but doing a good job waterproofing any basement can become complicated rather quickly if you do not know what you are doing.
- Do not paint or patch a basement wall and believe you have fixed the problem. If you haven’t found the place where the water is seeping in, you still have a problem in the basement no matter how many layers of paint, or how much patching you do.
- Do not believe the bogus patented systems from a company that wants to overcharge you for the work-Do your due diligence first.
- Do not refinish the basement after you have “sealed” the problem yourself. Chances are the problem is still there and you will spend thousands redoing any work you might have done.
Basement waterproofing can be an easy home fix for a professional company. They have the experience and the equipment to do a great job faster and better than any homeowner. They have the insurance and licenses to keep your home from becoming a liability to you and your family. Your Chardon, Ohio home needs to be protected from any liability during the work and the workers, and any injury they might incur.
What to Look For in a Basement Waterproofing Company in Chardon, Ohio
When looking to hire the right basement waterproofing company, you need to look at these 6 tips.
- Hire a basement waterproofing company with a long reputation in the community. Check their Better Business Bureau rating, their Angie’s rating, and their testimonials.
- Hire a basement waterproofing company fully bonded and licensed in your state.
- Hire a basement waterproofing company that owns its trucks and equipment.
- Hire a basement waterproofing company that will guarantee their work.
- Hire a basement waterproofing that can offer you financing for the project
- You MUST hire a company with the knowledge and experience to do a great job with your basement.
Keep in mind, any home project can become a nightmare pretty quickly if you hire the wrong company. But, for basement waterproofing, the stakes are higher. Your home is probably one of the biggest assets you own, and as such, you need to protect it at all costs. Compare prices, quotes, and the reputation of the company before you hire anyone. If you do your due diligence, and research the company well ahead of time, the chances of a project being done well increase.
Contact Pioneer Basement Solutions for a free consultation. For more than 40 years we have built an exceptional reputation in the area. We have helped many homeowners in Chardon, Ohio reclaimed their basements and protect their investments.
We will be happy to come to your home and diagnose the problem and offer you a solution that will make sense to you and to your finances.