Sump pump battery backup system
Sump pump battery backup system
Sump pump battery backup system now available from PumpSpy is newest addition in smart home technology
If you have a sump pump in your basement or crawl space then you have probably wondered about the need to install a sump pump battery backup system. The thought of a power outage during a heavy rain or snow melt (or even worse both!) and a sump pump that doesn’t work resulting in a flooded space is a real nightmare. Sump pumps will eventually fail simply due to mechanical issues too… and you never know when that will happen.
So how do you protect yourself from a sump pump failure whether it is a power outage or mechanical failure? Consider the PumpSpy smart sump pump battery backup system. PumpSpy’s smart backup pump is a system that constantly monitors your primary sump pump, backup pump and battery. If any problem is detected, homeowners receive alerts through text messages, email and the PumpSpy app on your phone.
So How Does it Work?
The PumpSpy battery backup sump pump uses cellular technology to constantly monitor your entire sump pump system and uses predictive maintenance to alert you of any potential problem. This is also known as “model based” condition monitoring. This method involves spectral analysis on your pump(s) current and voltage signals and then compares the measured parameters to a known and learned model of the pump(s) to diagnose various electrical and mechanical anomalies. This process of “model based” condition monitoring was originally designed and used on NASA’s space shuttle to monitor and detect developing faults in the space shuttle’s main engine.
Many people ask about how long the battery will last before needing to be replaced. Just like the battery in your car your backup battery will eventually need to be replaced, and often times we do that after our car doesn’t start! The PumpSpy monitors the battery output during routine self-testing. This information will help you to know when your battery is still okay, but is ready to be replaced. Your typical off the shelf battery backup systems do not do this… so what can happen is when you experience a pump failure your basic off the shelf system switches to battery mode but a dead battery means no back up!
In the event your primary pump fails due to a mechanical issue, the PumpSpy system automatically switches over to the backup pump allowing you the time you need to fix the problem. But again, being a smart system…the PumpSpy actually monitors the output of your primary sump pump. So you will be able to see when your pump is starting to go bad buying you the time to replace it before it fails!
Again, your typical “off the shelf” smart home / connected home products use your Wi-Fi to report data. This is great, except when there is a power outage! So when you are relaxing on a warm sunny beach somewhere and back at home there is rain on top of snow melting with a power outage, PumpSpy’s cellular technology is still alive and well giving you the data you need when you need it.
Let’s review the benefits of PumpSpy’s sump pump battery backup system
- PumpSpy monitors your primary pump, backup pump and battery – testing them three times a week!
- Text message, email, and PumpSpy app alerts
- Smart Predictive Maintenance feature alerts you to the end of life expectancy of your primary sump pump based on its performance history
- Going out of town? Great! Send alerts to your house sitter, neighbor, handyman, or whoever and however many people you like
- Cellular data works when Wi-Fi doesn’t
- PumpSpy has a support line where you speak to a real waterproofing expert 7:30am-7:30pm weekdays, just call the toll free number printed on the backup system
- When you activate your PumpSpy Monitoring, Pioneer Basement Solutions can log into your system as a contractor and see your history, allowing us to better serve you!
- PumpSpy pumps more water and lasts longer than “off the shelf” backup systems
Call Pioneer for more info on installing your sump pump battery backup system today!